Gan Israel prides itself on its exceptional staff. Safety of the children is our number one concern, and we therefore employ the following guidelines which comply with or exceed those set forth by the Nassau County Board of Health:
- All staff come with prior camp experience and a desire to work with children.
- All group leaders are mature adults who are at least in their sophomore year of college, while many of them are older.
- Kiddie Camp counselors are professional preschool teachers with experience in early childhood education.
- Lifeguards and swim instructors are certified by the Nassau County Board of Health in lifeguarding and CPR.
- There are always the required ratio of staff on hand who are certified in Advanced First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer, and a doctor is always on-call.
- All staff undergo rigorous training before and during the camp season.
Bunk sizes are kept small and well staffed. Our camper to counselor ratio is better than 1 to 6 campers. Each elective is run by professional instructors.
Our Camp Director has over 20 years of camp-leading experience. He is the leader of our top staff and takes great pride in our on-going, comprehensive staff training program. His extensive experience with preschoolers through teenagers makes him a valuable friend and administrator to our camp throughout the summer.
We take great pride in our commitment to recruiting, training and keeping the highest quality staff in the camping profession. Over the years, Camp Gan Israel of Roslyn has always been dedicated to small groups with exceptional staff supervision. This ensures the best possible care, instruction and supervision for our campers. Our counselors are highly trained, dedicated, and experienced.